For fit and experienced riders... the best ride to discover Cappadocia.
Leaving from the ranch between Urgup and Ortahisar, in the heart of the national park, the progressive trail takes you on a 6-day tour around Cappadocia. From the peasants' Cappadocia of the south to the most beautiful valleys of the north, a succession of fantastic rock formations, lush canyons, high plateaux, steppe-like landscape, along with vineyards and orchards, compose a surprinsingly varied route. On the way, the villages reflect the Anatolian way of life while frescoed churches and other troglodytic treasures testify of the rich past of the area. Our itinerary takes place entirely within the national park.
Accommodation is in charming guesthouses in Cappadocia's prettiest villages, in front of which your horses are spending the night (see dates and details below).
It is possible to include during the week a hot-air balloon flight over Cappadocia's surreal landscape at sunrise, as well as a Turkish bath experience (steam bath and massage at Urgup's traditional hamam at the end of the week).
The guesthouse trail is for fit, 'active' and autonomous riders. The circuit includes difficult passages where you will be asked to get off your horse and lead it, sometimes up steep paths. The effort is rewarded by stunning views, but a good physical condition is essential.
Dates & Conditions
Dates 2022 : April 17 – 24 : 1700 € May 01 – 08 : 1700 € May 22 – 29 : 1700 € August 28 – September 04 : 1700 € September 11 – 18 : 1700 € September 25 – October 02 : 1700 € October 16 – 23 : 1700 €
Conditions : This progressive trail in guestouse is confirmed when we have received a minimum of 2 bookings
The basic price includes : - 6 riding days, 7 nights - The loan of a horse and riding equipment - English speaking guides (1 per group of 8 or less) - Nights and food accommodation full board - Regular transfers between local airports and hotels
The basic price doesn't include : - International flights - Optional activities (hot air balloon, hammam, Open Air Museum of Gorëme) - Extra drinks
Horse riding level
- The difficulty of this trail is 4/4
- Riding level: confident intermediate to advanced riders.
To take part of all our trails, you must have a competent riding level to be able to stay in control during group canters on forward-going horses, ride or lead your horse on technical passages, get on or off your horse several times a day alone and groom, tack and untack your horse without assistance.
- Good physical condition is essential.
Rhythms of the trail :
- 6 riding days
- 5 to 6 hours on horseback each day
- 35 kilometres each day
- Pace: mostly walk, with opportunities for trots and canters each day
Maximum weight : Riders' weight on the progressive trail is limited at 85 kg (on riding clothes). Riders upper 85 kg, could book with extra charge, for the loan of a second horse. This option is only on demand, it will depend of the horse riding level of the rider and the availability of our horse.
Riders's contribution :
Riders are in charge of their horses ; they will be asked to tack and untack their horse, to water and feed their horse and to take care of their horse equipment.
Depending on availability, guesthouses are located in Urgup, Ayvali and Uchisar. You will stay in picturesque, comfortable hotels located in ancient stone houses or in renovated cave houses, typical of the local architecture. You will have the time to visit Cappadocia's nicest villages and experience the legendary Turkish hospitality and the Anatolian way of life.
Food and accomodation:
- 7 nights in double/twin room with ensuite toilets and shower. - Most guesthouses offer internet access and a laundry service. - Lunch is taken in different restaurants and snacks, you will taste local specialities. - Dinner and breakfast are taken at the hotels. Hotels serve Anatolian cuisine for dinner comprising a starter, one or two courses and a dessert. Vegetarian menu on request. Tea, coffee and mineral water are included. - Cappadocia wine, local alcoholic drinks, beer and soft drinks are available as an option. - Your luggage will be transfered by our logistics vehicle. You should pack several, lighter bags rather than one large, heavy suitcase.
Standard or Luxury ?
2 kinds of accommodation are available :
- Standard - Luxury (+ 400 € per week) Rider can choose between these 2 options.
Hotels are very close to each other. Dinners will be taken all together, but not the breakfast. Nights 1, 2, 7 in the town of Urgup ; nights 3, 4 in Ayvali, nights 5, 6 in Uchisar